The all-new 2014 Polaris Sportsman ACE presents a revolutionary new design combining the nimble handling of an ATV and the security and comfort of a side-x-side, in a compact and comfortable vehicle with centralized seating position. Its 32 HP ProStar engine featuring dual overhead camshafts, a 4 valve cylinder head and electronic fuel injection (EFI) delivers excellent performance and fuel economy.
This Innovative, unique cab design offers a whole new off-road experience!
It’s no surprise that Polaris would come up with yet another form of off-road vehicle with the potential to please a super wide range of users of almost any age, gender or body type. They have been aggressively creating new segments with incredibly enjoyable and easy to own and maintain off-road vehicles that no one has ever produced. First with a Sport Side x Side, first with four-seat machines, first to market a military grade ATV, as well as taking many existing classes to a surprisingly high level of comfort and performance, Polaris is more determined than ever to accommodate as many different types of potential new trail riders with exiting, fun and practical all-terrain vehicles.
It will be interesting to see if and how other manufacturers will react to yet another potentially popular vehicle in the 2014 Polaris Sportsman ACE; a sort of cross between a utility ATV and a Sport Side x Side, with cool looks and offering another totally different way to enjoy this great activity we so enjoy and wish upon as many other people as possible. This affordable entry level machine seems to leave a lot of room for this entirely different class to evolve into one rich with different engine displacements and suspension set-ups. Knowing Polaris for their aggressive climb to the most important and influential manufacturer of our beloved industry, this 48 inch wide and 32 hp single seat ATV with a steering wheel, could very well be just the first of a complete lineup of ACE models. These are exciting times!
Don’t miss our feature article on the 2014 Polaris Sportsman ACE press launch at the Hidden Falls Adventure Park in Marble Falls, Texas, in your next issue of ATV Trail Rider magazine.
2014 Polaris Sportsman ACE Features
– On-Demand True All-Wheel Drive
– Automatic transmission
– Unique cab design
– 3-Point seatbelt
– Easy attach side nets
– Certified Roll Over Protection System (ROPS) cab frame
– Four-wheel/ four-disc braking system
– Bucket seat with 4″ of adjustability
– Easy ingress and egress with flat floor plan
– Steering wheel offers 3.5″ of adjustability for rider comfort
– 360 lb combined rack and storage capacity
– 1,500 lb towing capacity and high / low range transmission
– Powerful 50 watt halogen lighting with high and low beams
– Front rack opens to 2.8 gallons of semi-dry storage
– Convenient access panel in cargo area opens to engine compartment for easy maintenance
– Integrated foot rest
– Independent dual a-arm rear suspension with 9.5″ of suspension travel
– MacPherson strut front suspension offers 8.2″ of independent suspension travel
– 5.25 gallon fuel tank
– Rider centric design
– Low-center of gravity for stable and responsive ride
– 10.25″ ground clearance
– 32 HP ProStar Engine with Dual Overhead Cams and a 4 valve cylinder head
– Lightweight Transmission for Efficient Power Transfer
– Trail Compliant 48″ Width
– 61.5″ Wheelbase
For more information on the above mentioned models, please visit the Polaris Website
More from Polaris on ATV Trail Rider :
Polaris ATV Models – Polaris UTV Models – Polaris ATV Reviews – Polaris UTV Reviews