The ATV Trail Rider team just got an invitation from our friends at Arctic Cat, to try out their new Wildcat 4 1000. We are anxious to try this new Cat in the deserts of California this coming February and you can bet that we will have a full report on this experience, which we know will be special one. So far only Polaris and Kawasaki have come out with 4 occupant Side x Side offerings and Can-Am recently announced its Maverick 4 1000 coming out next summer. Not only is the fact of being able to share the joys of such capable machines with three people at a time exciting, but we know these longer wheelbase rides to offer very good stability and a never before experienced level of confort over rough terrain. From what we’ve so far experienced in the 2-seat Wildcat 1000, we are in for quite a treat! For now, you will have to settle for the contents of Arctic Cat’s latest press release, but be sure to stay tuned in to find out all their is to know about this new and innovative family oriented Arctic Cat off-road vehicle, in future issues of ATV Trail Rider magazine.
The Wildcat 4 1000 answers the call for pure-sport ROV enthusiasts who want to carry 2 or more passengers. The Wildcat 4 is purpose built with many of the industry-leading key features found in the Wildcat 1000, but Arctic Cat engineers have gone beyond “industry-leading”.
A completely new drive and driven clutch was designed in partnership with the leading clutch authority, Team Industries. The new clutching system answers the call for improved acceleration while putting the massive torque and horsepower of the 1000 engine to the ground where it matters. In addition, a new sway bar has been designed to work harmoniously with the all-new PODIUM FOX SHOX, creating an unrivalled operator and passenger experience.
• Industry-leading 5-Link rear suspension, 13-inches of ground clearance, and 18-inches of rear suspension travel!
• Full Perimeter Exoskeleton frame was stretched 29-inches to accommodate four occupants with a best-in-class ride-in comfort and leg room
• Interior has a locking glove box and cup holders, four high-back bucket seats with 3-point seat belts and four tube-frame doors with integrated nets
• V-Twin, SOHC, liquid-cooled, 951cc, Electronic Fuel Injection built for massive torque and improved acceleration
• Automatic transmission has a park-in-gear shifter with Reverse, Neutral, High and Low gears while the 2wd/4wd/Diff Lock switch is easy to locate on the dashboard
• Variable Assist Electronic Power Steering (EPS) designed to maintain a light steering input effort with an infinitely adjustable tilt steering wheel
• LED Headlights and Taillights utilize 50% less wattage
• Available in three painted metallic color choices: Sunset Orange, Black and Arctic Green
• MSRP $21,999 CAN
For more information on the above mentioned models, please visit the Arctic Cat Website
More from Arctic Cat on ATV Trail Rider :
Arctic Cat ATV Models – Arctic Cat UTV Models – Arctic Cat ATV Reviews – Arctic Cat UTV Reviews